Posted on Monday, July 25 2016 03:55:00 PM in 2016 by Jeremy Lehmann
The Yearlong Knitalong
August / September: We've got Poncho Fever!
Join us in the store Monday, August 1st, at 11am for the next installment of the Yearlong Knitalong. This month, we'll be working on the Two Harbors Poncho! We love the construction of this piece, stitched sideways in two easy panels and seamed up the center. Two Harbors is a fun knit and truly flatters every figure. Our sample isknit in Shelter from Brooklyn Tweed, which makes it incredibly light and airy.
Not interested in making the Two Harbors Poncho? You can still join the Yearlong Knitalong with an afghan block pattern from the Haus of Yarn Block-a-month Afghan Book.
Remember: attendance for Knitalong gatherings is always free! As a genuine "thank you!' for your participation, all materials purchased at Haus of Yarn that relate directly to each month's knitalong will qualify for double stamps on our Haus of Yarn Reward Card. Double Stamps! We really do appreciate your participation and want to encourage as many of you to make as many of the monthly projects as possible. Earning double stamps will make it that much easier!
Not local? No worries! Join the Yearlong Knitalong virtually. We'll be creating threads for each Knitalong project in our Ravelry group. When calling in those orders, we will kinda know you are a Yearlong Knitalong participant based on your order (we're smart that way!) but by all means, shout it from the mountain top that you are a Yearlong Knitalong Participant. We will be keeping and managing your Rewards Card (remember! Double Stamps!) for Yearlong Knitalong materials).
We'd love to see your projects! In process or completed...if you're on Instagram, join in anytime with #yearlongknitalong and #hausofyarntn.
Super Summer Sockalong!
For those of you participating in our Super Summer Sockalong...how's it going!? Vicki just finished these beauties, the Fruit Stripe Gum pattern from designer Leah Oakley. This pattern features an easy, one-row repeat that makes any self-striping yarn appear in spiraling, diamond shapes. Vicki chose this adorable pink from the new Jawoll Color Superwash colorways that recently arrived in the shop.
Remember! The rules are simple:
- Make a pair of socks, one pair per month, June-September 2016. Post your photos and progress in our Ravelry group and/or on Instagram using the #HOYsupersummersockalong
- Learn something! Top-down, toe-up, experiment and learn a new technique
- Have fun!
We ask that all yarn for the knitalong be purchased from Haus of Yarn. As a genuine 'thank-you!' for your participation, all materials purchased at Haus of Yarn that relate directly to each months knitalong will qualify for double stamps on our Haus of Yarn Reward Card. Double Stamps!
Free Needles...Always On Point!
Supporting your local yarn shop with both your presence and purchasing is vital in securing its status as a shared source of inspiration and community. As a "thank you" to all LYS supporters, skacel would like to give back a little something special. When you purchase three addi® Rocket circular needles at Haus of Yarn, skacel will send you one free addi® Rocket circular in your choice of size/length. There is no limit to the number of free needles you can earn, so start building your collection today! This promotion is limited to in-store purchases only, through your authorized skacel addi® dealer (which would be us!)
Here are the details:
- For every three addi® Rocket fixed circular needles you purchase inside a North American LYS, you will receive one FREE addi® Rocket fixed circular needle of your choice by mail.
- The three addi® Rocket circulars may be obtained at different times and through different brick and mortar shops (online purchases excluded), but must be purchased between June 15th, 2016 and November 15th, 2016 to qualify. All requests need to be postmarked by November 30th, 2016.
- The original, shop-generated sales receipt/s clearly itemizing your addi® Rocket purchases and prices paid, must be submitted for each of the three needles – a single receipt containing multiple needles is acceptable. When it's time to get your free needles, you can download the necessary form here.