Posted on Monday, August 22 2016 03:59:00 PM in 2016 by Jeremy Lehmann
BREAKING NEWS: It's Still hot!
We should probably be shifting our thoughts to Fall knitting, but geeeez, it's still hot out there. We've still got linen on the brain...and three fantastic linen projects to share!
First up is Maude, from cocoknits, a fun layering piece. From the front she's a simple tunic with optional pockets lined in sock weight yarn. The back is open and the straps cross at the top. Kelley knit our sample in Flax from FibraNatura. She's worn it several times around the shop, so you may have even already seen how adorable she looks in it. Here, her daughter is modeling it and is just as adorable as her mom!
Second up, also using Flax, is Lisa's Bag from our very own crochet designer extraordinaire, Julie. The bag is a crocheted tribute to the beautiful knitted Tolt Folded Bag. It's a bento-style bag with an easily customizable pattern, depending on the bag size you want
Flax is a 100% linen yarn, available in a wide array of colors. It blooms and softens beautifully with each trip through the washing machine! Yes, we said it: washing machine!
The Bethel Tank, an ideal tank for hot summer days, is a lacy pullover -- worked in the round to the armholes -- that features an oversized umbrella lace pattern, with a simple mesh pattern at the yoke. We used Good Earth from FibraNatura. An Aran weight cotton/linen blend, this piece -- knit with US 11 needles -- will fly off your needles!
The pattern, originally published in Knitscene Summer 2014 magazine, is available for purchase via digital download...here's the link just in case!
LOOKY LOO! New Additions!
Get This Stuff Outta Here!
Fall is just a few weeks away and with it comes a lot of exciting new Fall yarn! And we don't know if you've seen this store lately, but it's FULL! So we gotta grit our teeth and sacrifice some beloved favorites to make room for the newcomers. Everything on this list is 40% off...until it's gone. No special orders, no rain checks! Only deals, deals, deals!
We'll be adding some things to the list over the next few weeks, so keep reading the newsletter...it's the only way to know what's going on sale!
- Sweet Georgia | Trinity
- Lana Grossa | Lace Lux
- Nako | Artist
- Universal Yarn | Classic Shades & Big Time
- Debbie Bliss | Baby Cashmerino
- Sirdar | Baby Bamboo
- Universal | Classic ShadesUniversal | Bamboo Pop
- Malabrigo | Rasta
- Malabrigo | Mecha
- Classic Elite | La Gran
- Classic Elite | Fresco
- Berroco | Cosma
- Done Roving | Frolicking Feet
- Trendsetter | Ascot
- Dream in Color | Classy
- Made in America | Wayfarer
Free Needles...Always On Point!
Supporting your local yarn shop with both your presence and purchasing is vital in securing its status as a shared source of inspiration and community. As a "thank you" to all LYS supporters, skacel would like to give back a little something special. When you purchase three addi® Rocket circular needles at Haus of Yarn, skacel will send you one free addi® Rocket circular in your choice of size/length. There is no limit to the number of free needles you can earn, so start building your collection today! This promotion is limited to in-store purchases only, through your authorized skacel addi® dealer (which would be us!)
Here are the details:
- For every three addi® Rocket fixed circular needles you purchase inside a North American LYS, you will receive one FREE addi® Rocket fixed circular needle of your choice by mail.
- The three addi® Rocket circulars may be obtained at different times and through different brick and mortar shops (online purchases excluded), but must be purchased between June 15th, 2016 and November 15th, 2016 to qualify. All requests need to be postmarked by November 30th, 2016.
- The original, shop-generated sales receipt/s clearly itemizing your addi® Rocket purchases and prices paid, must be submitted for each of the three needles – a single receipt containing multiple needles is acceptable. When it's time to get your free needles, you can download the necessary form here.