Brooklyn Tweed Dapple
Easy wearing with near-to-the-skin smoothness, Dapple delivers as the perfect go-to yarn for buttery soft baby sweaters, summer shawls and all-season apparel. This woolen-spun yarn is a blend of 40% Texas organic cotton and 60% Merino wool from Colorado. The spring and bounce of plump wool anchors this 2-ply DK weight yarn, providing structure and memory to your knitwear. Concurrently, cotton’s smooth hand softens wool’s rustic texture, making Dapple a dream for those knitters who crave a downier feel.
- 165 yards (150 meters) | 50 grams | DK weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun, tonal-dyed
- 60% Merino wool / 40% organic cotton
- 20.7 micron Merino wool from Colorado
- Organic cotton from Texas
- Wool scoured at Chargeurs Wool in Jamestown, South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in O’Donnell, Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- Dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dapple’s unique blend of wool and cotton transcends traditional solid colors. Dyed in the skein with traditional wool dyes, Merino absorbs the majority of the color, leaving desaturated dots of organic cotton throughout. This nuanced result evokes the dimensionality of a good tweed and engages the knitter with rich tonality. Experiment with the greater variability of dark tones or paint your project with a lighter, less variegated colorway.
Organic cotton slubs shine throughout, creating marled and richly tonal effects within the colorways. With saturation ranging from light to dark in hue, each skein is a unique iteration with no dye lots to coordinate, making every project truly one-of-a-kind. Dive into this inspiring playscape and embrace the creative possibilities of multifaceted color. Experiment with fades, ombres and nuanced, blended fabrics — let Dapple do the work. The curated palette of 11 colors includes modern neutrals and vibrant jewel tones, uniting lovers of cotton and wool loyalists alike.