Get This Stuff Outta Here!
Fall is just a few weeks away and with it comes a lot of exciting new Fall yarn! And we don't know if you've seen this store lately, but it's FULL! So we gotta grit our teeth and sacrifice some beloved favorites to make room for the newcomers. Everything on this list is 40% off...until it's gone. No special orders, no rain checks! Only deals, deals, deals!
We'll be adding some things to the list over the next few weeks, so keep reading the newsletter...it's the only way to know what's going on sale!
- Debbie Bliss | Baby Cashmerino
- Sirdar | Baby Bamboo
- Universal | Classic Shades
- Universal | Bamboo Pop
- Malabrigo | Rasta
- Malabrigo | Mecha
- Classic Elite | La Gran
- Classic Elite | Fresco
- Berroco | Cosma
- Done Roving | Frolicking Feet
- Trendsetter | Ascot
- Dream in Color | Classy
- Made in America | Wayfarer
Strands by Sallie Trunk Show
This Saturday, August 13th, we'll be hosting Sallie Swor and her incredible "Strands." A little backstory: Meg was helping a client one day and complimented her on the gorgeous necklace she was wearing. It turned out to be made by Sallie Swor, a longtime customer of the shop! It really is a small world!
Using Austrian crystals, Swarovski pearls and semi-precious gemstones, each Strand is hand beaded and knotted using a trademarked stitch on nylon and silk cording in a variety of colors. The result is a 46" to 52" long Strand of stunning jewels! Wear it wrapped triple for a necklace, doubled for a lariat, wrap it seven times for a bracelet or try four to five wraps to create a lovely ankle bracelet!
ANYWAY! We're hosting a trunk show of her work and as an added bonus, Sallie will be donating 10% of her in-store sales to the Monroe Carrell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. Again...that's this Saturday from 11 until 4. We'll be serving mimosas and snacks...hope you can make it!
This Week's Inspiration!
We're in love with this sweet little Jump for Joy hoodie from Universal Yarn. Sized newborn - 8 years, this one has great potential as a project for wee ones of almost any age on your gift list. Knit in pieces and seamed, we've worked it up here in the beyond soft (and washable) Cotton Supreme Batik, and the yarn does all that fancy color-switching for you!
Free Needles...Always On Point!
Supporting your local yarn shop with both your presence and purchasing is vital in securing its status as a shared source of inspiration and community. As a "thank you" to all LYS supporters, skacel would like to give back a little something special. When you purchase three addi® Rocket circular needles at Haus of Yarn, skacel will send you one free addi® Rocket circular in your choice of size/length. There is no limit to the number of free needles you can earn, so start building your collection today! This promotion is limited to in-store purchases only, through your authorized skacel addi® dealer (which would be us!)
Here are the details:
- For every three addi® Rocket fixed circular needles you purchase inside a North American LYS, you will receive one FREE addi® Rocket fixed circular needle of your choice by mail.
- The three addi® Rocket circulars may be obtained at different times and through different brick and mortar shops (online purchases excluded), but must be purchased between June 15th, 2016 and November 15th, 2016 to qualify. All requests need to be postmarked by November 30th, 2016.
- The original, shop-generated sales receipt/s clearly itemizing your addi® Rocket purchases and prices paid, must be submitted for each of the three needles – a single receipt containing multiple needles is acceptable. When it's time to get your free needles, you can download the necessary form here.