We just received a shipment of gradient kits from Feza Yarns in 9 colors! Each kits contains four hanks of hand dyed yarn and a baby blanket pattern. Each blanket kit begins with white, then gets progressively darker and richer, ending with a bold finale. The blanket is a simple knit -- all stockinette with a garter stitch border. The super soft 50/50 cotton/viscose yarn is machine washable and perfectly soft for baby.
While clicking around Ravelry, we also stumbled upon the Gradient Color Block Tee, a pattern that just happens to be designed specifically for these kits! Sized XS-3X, the top is knit side-to-side in color blocks, with minimal seaming, and the finished product features a high-to-low hemline. Depending on size, only one or two kits would be required to make the Tee!
Beginning Weaving with Ashley Owens!
Saturday, August 20th 10am-1pm, $50
Join weaver extraordinaire -- and owner of Black Sheep Goods -- Ashley Owens for a fun afternoon of weaving...and leave with a beautiful wall hanging that you'll be proud to show off! This class is perfect for the absolute beginner; Ashley will discuss an overview of types of materials and different weaving techniques - including warping, how to fringe, changing colors and finishing. Class fee includes loom, warp, dowels and yarn (if you are particular about color, bring your own!).
Get This Stuff Outta Here!
Fall is just a few weeks away and with it comes a lot of exciting new Fall yarn! And we don't know if you've seen this store lately, but it's FULL! So we gotta grit our teeth and sacrifice some beloved favorites to make room for the newcomers. Everything on this list is 40% off...until it's gone. No special orders, no rain checks! Only deals, deals, deals!
We'll be adding some things to the list over the next few weeks, so keep reading the newsletter...it's the only way to know what's going on sale!
- Debbie Bliss | Baby Cashmerino
- Sirdar | Baby Bamboo
- Universal | Classic Shades
- Universal | Bamboo Pop
- Malabrigo | Rasta
- Malabrigo | Mecha
- Classic Elite | La Gran
- Classic Elite | Fresco
- Berroco | Cosma
- Done Roving | Frolicking Feet
- Trendsetter | Ascot
- Dream in Color | Classy
- Made in America | Wayfarer
Free Needles...Always On Point!
Supporting your local yarn shop with both your presence and purchasing is vital in securing its status as a shared source of inspiration and community. As a "thank you" to all LYS supporters, skacel would like to give back a little something special. When you purchase three addi® Rocket circular needles at Haus of Yarn, skacel will send you one free addi® Rocket circular in your choice of size/length. There is no limit to the number of free needles you can earn, so start building your collection today! This promotion is limited to in-store purchases only, through your authorized skacel addi® dealer (which would be us!)
Here are the details:
- For every three addi® Rocket fixed circular needles you purchase inside a North American LYS, you will receive one FREE addi® Rocket fixed circular needle of your choice by mail.
- The three addi® Rocket circulars may be obtained at different times and through different brick and mortar shops (online purchases excluded), but must be purchased between June 15th, 2016 and November 15th, 2016 to qualify. All requests need to be postmarked by November 30th, 2016.
- The original, shop-generated sales receipt/s clearly itemizing your addi® Rocket purchases and prices paid, must be submitted for each of the three needles – a single receipt containing multiple needles is acceptable. When it's time to get your free needles, you can download the necessary form here.