Leroo French Macaroon Kit
The French Macaroon baby sweater (pattern free on Ravelry) is knit in simple garter stitch. The sweater has a boatneck neckline, with a one-button closure in the back to allow for easy dressing. Each side is knit in one piece, and a three needle bind off is used to secure the shoulders to each other. Two little seams on each side finish up the sweaters. This sweater knits up in no time and - like the delicious sweets it's named after - you might not be able to stop at just one...we sure couldn't!
We knit TWO samples using hand-dyed, DK weight pima cotton from Memphis dyer Kathleen of LeRoo Cotton.
- The sample in the top photo is knit in Falfetti paired with a solid from Summerlite DK in Plaster.
- The sample in the second photo is knit in Crayon Box paired with a solid from Berroco Pima 100 in Yarrow.
Each kit contains enough yardage and a coordinating button to knit either of the following three sizes; newborn, 3-6 months or 6-9 months. If you'd like to knit a larger size, buy TWO kits! Pattern is available to download and print for free, click HERE!
Each kit contains one of the following combinations;
- LeRoo Cotton Haus Special (1 skein) | Berroco Pima 100 yarrow (1 skein), 1 green button
- LeRoo Cotton Crayon Box (1skein) | Berroco Pima 100 Yarrow (1skein), 1 red button
- LeRoo Falfetti Cotton (1skein) | Rowan Summerlite DK Plaster (two cakes), 1 grey button
- LeRoo Falfetti Cotton (1skein) | LeRoo Cotton Marshmallow (1skein), 1 grey button
- LeRoo Springfetti Cotton (1skein) | LeRoo Cotton Marshmallow (1skein), 1 aqua button