Knitted Wit Her Story Sock
For 2021, the Knitted Wit HerStory focus is women who make a difference. Many of the women being honored this year are leaders in their spheres of influence, whether it be city, county, or country. It will be an exciting year, and we are so happy you'll be joining us!
- February ~ Persistence, honoring Stacy Abrams. Read the loveletter here.
- March ~ Brave Enough, honoring the amazing women of the 2021 USA inauguration. Read the loveletter here.
- April ~ Sea of Change, honoring Deb Haaland. Read the loveletter here.
- May ~ Aloha 'Oe, honoring Liliʻuokalani, the first-ever Queen and the last sovereign of Hawaii. Read the loveletter here.
- June ~ Red Umbrella, an homage to Georgina Beyer's tireless work for LGBTQIA+ and sex worker rights. Read the loveletter here.
- July ~ Waling-Waling, honoring Geraldine Roman. Read the loveletter here.
- August ~ Aurora Borealis, honoring Mumilaaq Qaqqaq. Read the loveletter here.
- September ~ Sonia from the Block, honoring Sonia Sotomayor. Read the loveletter here.
- October ~ Veteran Affairs, honoring Tammy Duckworth. Read the loveletter here.
Knitted Wit yarns are hand dyed in Portland, Oregon and come in a vast palette of both variegated and semi-solid colors. Victory Sock is a smooth, sproingy 4-ply fingering weight yarn made of 80% superwash merino wool and 20% nylon. With a tight twist and a round 4-ply structure, Victory Sock has excellent stitch definition that makes cables and texture patterns really pop.
It’s ideal for hardwearing knits like socks and mittens, yet could also make excellent sweaters, shawls and other accessory items. Plus, Victory Sock is sheep to skein made in the USA.
- 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon
- Fingering weight | 420 yds | 113g
- Needle size: US 1 - 4 (2.25 - 3.5 mm) | 24 - 28 sts = 4 inches
- Hand wash cold, dry flat